"A great way to get fish into non fish eaters, but if they truly object or are vegetarian, then substitute the monk fish for either Tofu, halloumi or for the meat eaters chicken.
If using Tofu or halloumi I would lightly dust with flour before adding to the sauce. I've used Screaming Chimp Mango & Papaya sauce" supplied by @foodiegeektrish (Instagram)
1 tbsp cider vinegar
4 cherry tomatoes
¼ corn on the cob
1/z red onion thinly sliced
150 g Monk fish
2 tbsps Screaming chimp Mango and Papaya chilli sauce
Bunch of lambs lettuce
Nob of butter
4 small Taco's
¼ avocado thinly sliced Splash of veg oil
- Slice the fish in goujons and add to 1 tbsp of the chilli sauce, set to one side
- Char grill the corn on the cob until it has a nice colour to it.
- Remove the corn kernels and add to a bowl with the thinly sliced onion and quartered tomatoes, add 1 tbsp of Chili sauce and Cider vinegar, this is your salsa.
- In a hot fry pan add the oil and butter when the butter starts to foam add the fish, remember not to crowd the pan, the fish will take 1 min either side to cook.
- Build your taco, warm the taco's add the lettuce, avocado, fish then top with the salsa sprinkle some chopped coriander and a squeeze of lime